You can set up a URL redirect to forward your domain (e.g., http://yourdomain.tld) or subdomain (e.g., http://any.yourdomain.tld) to any destination page of your choice. Usually, when you set up a URL redirect for a domain, it takes 30 minutes to take effect. Visit this page to check all available redirect types.
It is possible to set up a URL redirect from Namecheap's side for domains that are using our BasicDNS, BackupDNS (a legacy option), PremiumDNS or FreeDNS.
When you create a URL redirect for your domain, it actually gets pointed to the IP address of our URL forwarding server, where corresponding redirection is configured. That is the reason why additional A record appears in the domain zone file.
To set up a URL redirect, you can choose one of these options:
The main difference between those two options is that the Domain tab is used for a quick setup of URL redirect only, while in the Advanced DNS tab other host records can be created as well.
Using the Domain tab
(1) Make sure that you are logged into your Namecheap account (The "Sign In" option is available in the top hat of the page):
(2) Select Domain List from the left side menu and (3) click the Manage button next to your domain:
(4) Click on the Add Redirect button in the Redirect domain section:
(5) Put your domain into Source URL (e.g., yourdomain.tld) and the link you need to forward your domain to into the Destination URL field:
(6) Click on the Save All Changes button in order to save the changes: