As we are discontinuing our relationship with HelloFax, we wanted to provide you with some viable alternatives. Below are some options for electronic faxing that may be of value to you.
Please understand that eXpRealty does not endorse or have a relationship with any of these companies and that we are only offering this list as a courtesy.
- Send a fax for free anywhere in the US and Canada (or many international destinations). You can upload a Word document or PDF file or enter text to fax. The free service places an ad on the cover page and is limited to a maximum of 3 pages per fax, up to 5 free faxes per day. If you need to send more than 3 pages, you can send a fax of up to 25 pages with priority delivery and no ad on the cover page for $1.99. The service is accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
- If you'd rather not have an ad on the cover page, consider GotFreeFax, which uses no-ad free fax cover pages and also doesn't add any GotFreeFax branding to your fax. You can send faxes online to anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. You can send up to 3 pages per fax with 2 free faxes allowed per day. If you need to send more than 3 pages, GotFreeFax allows you to fax up to 10 pages for $0.98, 20 pages for $1.98, and 30 pages for $2.98. The premium pay-per-fax service also uses an encrypted connection and provides priority delivery.
- FaxBetter Free offers you a dedicated toll free fax number for receiving up to 50 pages per month, plus email notifications every time you receive a fax. The catch is that you'll need to receive at least one fax every 7 days to keep the free fax number, and the fax-to-email service as well as the OCR/searchable fax feature is only a 30-day trial. FaxBetter Free stores up to 1,000 pages on its site for you to access your faxes online. If you don't expect to receive faxes as regularly and/or would like the fax-to-email, searchable faxes, and up to 500 pages per month options, the FaxBetter account starts at $5.95 per month.
- The eFax Free plan gives you a free fax number for incoming faxes which are delivered to you by email. You'll need the eFax document viewing software and will be limited to 10 incoming faxes a month, but if you have light fax receiving needs, eFax Free is a helpful service. To change the area code for your fax number, receive more than 10 incoming faxes, or send as well as receive faxes, you'll need to upgrade to the eFax Plus plan, which is a bit more costly than average, at $16.95 per month. However, if you pay annually you can get two months free which brings the monthly average cost down to $14.13/mo.
- Pamfax is free to join, and new users get three free fax pages. Support for Dropbox, Box.net and Google Documents is built in to the service. If you decide to upgrade, PamFax will provide you with your own personal fax number. PamFax is available for the internet, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone/iPad, Android and Blackberry 10. Once you're beyond your three free fax pages, you'll need to go with a Professional or Basic Plans. Both include a personal fax number and allow you to send multiple documents in a single fax. What's nice about this fax service is that you can even use PamFax with Skype.